Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Projects Colliding

Work, work, work the past couple of weeks.

Proposals will sit on clients' desks for weeks or months, then they'll all choose the exact same time to get started. Publications in their inboxes waiting for approval will get marked up all at once. Then random projects will come in over the transom.

It's been a little dizzying the past couple of weeks. I've worked on a couple of speeches for different companies while simultaneously developing message platforms for two different law firms, which hasn't been easy to keep straight.

Add in a little of this and a little of that, a few final housecleaning/settling in-related items and a sudden upshot in auditions and, well, that's mostly it.

Amid all that I've trying to to do three things a day to market myself. Writing articles, pitching media, researching speaking venues, and plugging away at the other blog.

I read that somewhere, among the scores of things I read online every day. Some entrepreneur building some side project who refused to go to sleep at night until he had accomplished at least three things that day to grow it.

I don't always get my three in, though today I got to five.

Some exciting things popping, so it'll be worth it, I'm sure.

No comments: