Wednesday, May 02, 2012

No traction

Auditions continue to run ridiculously hot and cold lately. I'll go from several auditions in a week to none for a week. Or more.

That callback I got a few weeks ago did not pan out. And the spokesman role I actually really thought I had a shot at? I was on first refusal, but then let go at the last minute.

It's just very hard to get momentum going when you're not out there on a consistent basis. I don't do well coming off the bench cold -- I need to be in the game.

On the other hand, work-work got super-busy. After much foot dragging, two clients suddenly decided to start up projects at exactly the same time, then a couple of other came in that week.

So it all seems to be a big yin/yang thang.

On the third leg of the stool -- book-related stuff -- now that the move is over I am focusing on another big marketing push. Just sent out a big press kit to a Speaker's Bureau, reaching out to more venues and media, sitting down and talking with people.

The best part of it is, I am working outside right now. I have an actual back deck,  with sunshine, plants, a decent view. I think this is going to be an awesome summer.

No comments: