Friday, February 03, 2012

Okay, this is cool


I am more excited about this than I should be: Act Like You Mean Business-branded candy bars.

It's a tactic -- a tiny one -- but I can't help it. I love them. The artwork came out beautifully, the reverse has a turn of phrase so clever I wonder where that instinct was back when we were struggling to name the book.

And there's also a sweet little QR code that links mobile users to the sample chapter on the website. They can choose a mobile-optimized version of it or can even download a pdf, which has all the original graphics.

I'll mostly be using them at presentations as incentives for participation. I've been using free books and that's costly. I can also use them as leave-behinds when I do TV and radio interviews. And I may actually use them in a pitch to a specific reporter ahead of Valentine's Day.

They're off to be printed and I should have them in my hands in a few days. So that was a nice end to the week. A couple of nice ends, actually. Today I got myself booked on NBC Chicago's Sunday morning news program, which I've been pitching for a while now.

And the success of that pitch has given me some ideas for going back to other places like WGN TV.

I needed some good news this week.

No comments: