Thursday, January 19, 2012

Revving along

Work has really picked up in the New Year. Work-work, that is, which is good but it's making it harder to market the book. It seems everyone wants their stuff now, now, now.

On the other hand, some of the marketing investment I've been making is paying off. I did a speech to about 60 people on Tuesday and it went really, really well. I've boiled it down to something that really moves and snaps and the audience was pretty into it.

I didn't end up selling a ton of books, but one audience member is talking to me about speaking to her company and possibly teaming up on some future media training workshops. Awesome. Just as it's supposed to happen.

And I've had a flurry of auditions -- five in the last six days -- and booked my first acting work for the new year: a print job shooting next week.

Happy, though frenetic, new year so far ...

No comments: