Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs

I said it six weeks ago when he stepped down from Apple, but Steve Jobs changed the way I listen to music, the way I watch TV and movies, the way I take, store and appreciate pictures and, maybe most significantly, the way I interact with and even feel about the computer.

Like a lot of people, I was working on an Apple device when I heard the news. Plugging away at my presentation in Keynote on my MacBook Pro. But I didn't hear it from the Internet. I was outside at my favorite tea place around the corner, where I had written the bulk of the book, and heard it from a passerby.

Maybe Steve's most important legacy, as I continue with this latest effort to fundamentally shift the course of my life, is the encouragement and permission to "think different.

No comments: