Thursday, September 01, 2011

I've Got Personality-Minus!

It wasn't until several hours afterwards that I realized exactly how I blew that callback this morning.

In the initial audition, I did a good job. Obviously -- I got called back.

But today I was hung up on the direction I got then. The director told me to keep the performance small. Minimal gesture and expression. Simple, easygoing, calm.

Today the client was there and they very clearly asked to see our personalities. I heard them, but I didn't listen. Or I listened, but didn't hear. Either way, I was too stuck in what I was doing the other day to give them what they wanted.

It's a bummer, too. That would have been a nice gig. And now would be a good time for a nice gig.

UPDATE: I swear, not 5 minutes after I posted this I got a call from my agent. They put me on first refusal. It could still fall through, of course, and if I don't get it, it's quite possible that a better performance would have clinched it for sure, but I'm not unhappy with this result.

No comments: