Thursday, September 15, 2011

Author

So this is what's it like, I guess. Being an author.

For the record, I was NOT on the Today show this morning, so don't bother checking the Tivo. But look for it in the New York Times' Sunday Book Review. Not.

Anyway, it was a relief to finally just get the official announcement done and out of the way yesterday. I got many nice responses to the emails and posts and updates and things. People sharing the info with their friends, posting on their walls and some even buying the thing. Multiple copies, even.

Hell a couple of friends' friends -- people I don't know -- bought it. Go figure.

It was a lot of work. The publisher is doing plenty of stuff, of course, but I felt I needed to at least get my own circles in order. And I'm not sure I could have done any more, with hundreds of individual appeals over the past few months leading up to yesterday's big group announcements. Even those were segmented into four groups with targeted messages.

The point is, I don't think I left anything on the field, as it were, and by mid-afternoon I was pretty wiped out.

At the end of the day I actually got my first invite to speak. It's a free thing, but it's a start.

No comments: