Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Third time's the charm




I missed a couple of audition and booking opportunities due to vacation, but I hit the ground (kinda) running this week with an audition first thing Monday morning (Alaska time, that is) and a booking today.

Part of the reason I'm having trouble tallying my bookings this year (13 or 11?) is that I have now taped this one project THREE times. They just keep revising it.

I like it the way it is. Okay, it may be a little long, and there are parts, as a writer, that I would have done differently, but there are some definite goosebump moments. And not just the ones I'm in.

At the end of the session today I told them that I hope, for their sake, that they don't have to see me again. It's obvious that the nice people I'm dealing with aren't the ones ordering up all these changes and additions. I hope their suffering ends soon.

I will also say, humbly, that I think I'm one of the better ones in the video, which may be why I got the first and last line. (They had all the actors perform all the lines and they decided in the editing room who would end up saying what.)

The good news is, what started as a modest-paying gig turned into something moderately lucrative. Huzzah!

No comments: