Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Doctor, doctor



I shot this commercial almost exactly a year ago.

And I watched the teevee as they played spot after spot, none of them featuring me. I knew they were doing at least a half-dozen of them, so I figured eventually my time would come.

Turns out, I was in the commercial all along. It's one I've seen lots and lots of times. I just didn't know it because I was the size of a postage stamp and flew by in microseconds.

And shot from a very long lens. Turns out they were selling the scenery of their beautiful new facility, not necessarily the people working in it. Or pretending to do so.

And when I did get a closeup, it was of the back of my head.


My best side!

So I guess that explains those checks I continue to get. They'll probably end soon, though, because they recently auditioned for another round of spots, and I was disqualified. Which is silly, because it's not like I'm recognizable.

But at least the mystery is solved.

No comments: