Thursday, June 30, 2011

Made it!

So 7 pm rolled around and I found myself safe from any auditions tomorrow, which is good because I'm starting the weekend early by going to the Cubs game.

That was quite a flurry of end-of-the-month audition activity there. Today I had to schlep up to Evanston for an audition for a company that I've done probably more than a dozen bookings for over the years (all direct -- that is, without having to audition). But it turns out they've got a new client with a potentially big project. So we'll see.

The funny thing was they had me do a monologue, which never happens in a commercial audition and which I haven't had to do in several years. So it was nice to dust off one of my comic monologues and give it a whirl. And it was interesting how many new insights I had into the text and delivery in the intervening years.

The icing on the cake? They decided at the last minute to book me for a quick voiceover job while I was there. Booyah. It makes me feel less guilty for turning down a job way the hell up in Janesville next week. At 20% less than the going hourly rate I felt like it wasn't worth the drive.

Let the holiday commence! (With various pauses for proofing the book, writing and other things ...)

No comments: