Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Changes

A few years ago I got some surprising and unsettling news. A colleague with whom I've collaborated on lots of projects went to work for one of our biggest clients.

It felt weird and I was really concerned about what would happen to my work flow. This was the beginning of the latest recession and there was a lot of anxiety anyway. It ended up turning out just fine. Having a close ally actually at the client and in a position to dispense work was great.

Of course, now that I've had a few years to get used to this new normal, it's changed again. He just left the client and is back out on his own. I'm kind of experiencing the same emotions and anxieties all over again.

But it's probably a good thing. Hopefully they'll be shipping work out to him (and thus to me). Plus there will probably be other work for other clients as he builds his business back up again.

That's the hope anyway.

No comments: