Thursday, May 19, 2011

I came, I saw, I sauntered

Okay, okay, I didn't saunter. Or wear a boa. I wore my most faded blue jeans, an old gray t-shirt and worn-out hooded sweatshirt. Because that's what I suppose a super-rugged carpenter who had to pick something to wear from my closet might choose.

Of course, when I got there I was sent into the room with two other guys my age in full suit and tie, and the casting agent asked who I was supposed to be. When I told him "carpenter" he said, good, but then he had me do the same thing as the executives. Also in the room was a guy half my weight who was supposed to be professional athlete, and an eight-year-old girl who, I suppose, was playing a Navy Seal.

So who knows what they were thinking. I was fairly comme si, comme ca about the whole thing. They got to "personality" questions -- questions that, as one might guess, reveal something about our personalities. One person was asked their favorite food. Easy, I thought. Pizza. Another was asked who they'd have dinner with. Keith Richards would have been my answer.

They they got to me. "Who would you fight? Out of anyone in the world?" Without thinking or caring (which is when I do my best, and most dangerous, improv), I replied, "Someone I could beat. Probably a girl."

I felt a little bad for the girl in the room, but I thought it was pretty funny.

And this is a job I will probably end up getting.

No comments: