Thursday, May 12, 2011

Birfday

Birthday goat cheese fondue

[late posting due to blogger outage]

Pretty nice birthday, as these things go. I'm not much of a birthday person, but this year I tried to kind of guard the day.

I had an opportunity to do extra work out in Rolling Meadows and turned it down. The night before I found yet ANOTHER button on the iHome alarm/music system that disables the alarm (I think that's now 10 different ways to make yourself late) and I slept right through until around 9 am.

Then I cleaned the house. Fresh sheets and towels and scrubbed floors. Not a fun birthday activity, but it's like church -- feels good when it's done.

Then a couple of hours by the lake to work (we finally got a few days of spring/summer), the gym, some errands and a very nice dinner at a new (to us at least) place called Province. They do a sort of tastings menu, which was pretty good and pretty reasonable.

And this morning I got to get up early for a first-thing audition as an Alzheimer's caregiver. Nice. Can I do sadness, guilt, despair and relief. No problemo. Happy f-ing birthday.

No comments: