Monday, April 04, 2011

Beisbol been bery, bery good to me

I played a lot of little league baseball and the coaches would tell us, "A hit is all we need." That is, you don't have to swing for the fences -- if everyone just knocks out a single, the runs will start to add up.

I hadn't felt like I was doing all that great this year, but now that I look at it thus far on paper, it's not bad. In three months I booked five jobs.

It was deceiving, I suppose, because it all seemed kind of fragmented. Two of the five jobs required two separate sessions. When you added them together it turned into real money. On top of that, I got two additional checks for commercials I shot last year and the year before. So it's like seven or nine jobs.

Hell, if this pace continues it would be my second best year for acting. That, year, 2009, had a couple of big home runs (half my record-setting income came from two big jobs). But it would be cool to do really well by just hitting a bunch of singles. And the occasional double.

Play ball!

No comments: