Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Aftermath



Well, the waves were a bust -- the lakeshore was locked in by ice -- but the storm wasn't.

It doesn't matter what city you live in, two feet of snow is going to be crippling. Hundreds stranded all night on Lakeshore drive, schools (and many businesses) shut down, trains not running.

The major arteries are fine but most side streets, including mine, are unplowed.


And, unbelievably, there were still 200 cars stuck on the Drive as of 4 pm. It may not even be open by tomorrow.

Thankfully, I didn't have to get anywhere. On the other hand, I had no excuse not to work. I am absolutely hammered with it right now. Just too, too much on my plate. I see many nights and weekends of work in my near future. Not happy about it now, but it's a good thing, I know.

And last night's kitchen snow drift? Just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Here's what I woke up to out there:

No comments: