Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My daughter's in good hands




Last fall I totally blew this audition, or thought I did, and ended up getting the job. And here's the result.

It's a webisode series for Allstate, with messages on safe driving aimed at teens. They did it in a Friday Night Lights style, complete with shaky camera. And it's actually a good example for my book -- how a company can use stories (and video) to get their message across more effectively. Actually, I need to add that in somewhere ...

Anyway, my part is small -- starting at just under the 3:00 minute mark -- but I like the way it turned out. I'm the concerned Dad going through a divorce and trying to be a disciplinarian but not wanting to push my troubled daughter any further away. Angst!

My one small problem with it is the line about me working the late shift. I think we changed that in later takes because I don't think I look like someone who works shifts. Though in this economy you've got PhDs working at Walmart, so I suppose it's possible.

So, neat. It's been a while since I've had a clip to show for myself.

No comments: