Saturday, January 15, 2011

A good start

Even though I hadn't had any auditions this year until just yesterday, I did get my first booking -- also yesterday.

I didn't think much of it, but now they also want me on Monday for a full day, so it's turned into a pretty lucrative gig. If we do indeed go the full day, this one job will represent more than 10% of all of last year's performing income.

This one was booked directly, with no audition. I didn't go back and look but I think most of last year's bookings came about that way, too. Odd. My headshot and resume are doing more for me than my auditions. And my talent agents are doing more for me than the casting agencies.

If I wasn't so consumed by the book right now, I'd try a little harder to figure out what's going on. One of the big casting directors in town sent a memo around saying that he wants to see actors taking more classes and doing more theater, neither of which I've done much of in the past couple of years.

I don't have a lot of time to spare for a show right now -- I've turned down two audition invitations in the past month -- but I should look into a class or two.

Maybe that will break the logjam.

1 comment:

Pernille said...

nice blog mate - looking forward to read more as time goes by


/Pernille