Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eye of the storm

The new year has started very slowly in terms of work-work, and I am really thankful for that. I just finished two weeks' worth of edits to the book and I added a massive amount of words -- from 36,000 up to 43,000.

That's the wrong direction to be going in, but I'm sure there will be cuts along the way. Right now, though, it's in a really good place. As am I.

Tomorrow I have another booking. It's an hour-and-a-half away in Indiana for not fantastic pay. Good pay, but not three hours of driving pay, even with the extra we got them to throw on top.

But it's pretty much the last day before a seeming onslaught of work-work comes my way. It'll be an onslaught if everything comes through. Some might not. But there's still a lot there. If this booking had come a couple of weeks later, it probably wouldn't be worth doing.

Once I get back from Indiana, I'm going to have a restful, work-free weekend.

No comments: