Thursday, December 23, 2010

I've got a book deal!

Phase One of the book (the all by myself phase) is officially over. Today I signed a deal to have the book published. The details can be read over at the High-Performance Communication blog.

It's a nice way to end the year. I'm feeling very good about the content. Just finished one last sweep -- Draft 5 -- through the thing. I'm amazed I still find things to tweak even after almost 8 full months with the thing. But on the other hand, it's a good sign that I'm not sick of it yet.

In fact, I really, really like it. With each draft I'm more convinced that I've got something really good here. This last pass was just to make sure the tone is right. I want it to be insightful but fun. I want it to have a consistent voice -- one that doesn't wear out its welcome with the reader.

And I expect that with some fresh and professional editorial perspective, the edits have just begun.

Happy holidays!


No comments: