Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sure enough

I got put on right of first refusal as a result of that audition yesterday.

This happens EVERY time I go in unprepared. Which isn't often at all and is only the result of some weird mix-up. I really think there's a lot to be said for that feeling of, "Screw it, I don't have a prayer!" It really relaxes you, I think.

So that's nice. It'll probably fall through, but it's good I didn't make a total fool of myself.

In other news, today was a crazy photo shoot. I thought I was a doctor/medical type person, and that's what the photographers thought, too. Then the client wanted me to be a trendy technology type guy. So they ditched the lab coat and tie and did this to my hair:


It was a hard shoot. They're doing a bunch of CGI so I'm kinda bursting through this wall, so my positioning had to be absolutely precise and steady for almost three hours. They had a horizontal metal rod holding up one arm and the other was out in front of me, mannequin-style. Or sort of like I was doing the robot in freeze frame.

I was holding up up an iPad at a weird angle and now have an appreciation for just how heavy a mere 1.5 lbs. can feel.

Tomorrow I will probably wake up in near-paralysis in the neck and back.

No comments: