Monday, September 20, 2010

Up for good

When I wake up at 4 am, it's a pretty safe bet I'm going to be up for good. Especially if it's a workday, because then I'm laying there counting the hours of potential missed sleep, and adjusting accordingly as time marches on.

That was today. All my deadlines seem to collide in the first two days of the week. I don't know why it works out that way. So today I was facing having to be in three places at once -- over at United, in the studio editing video for Mars and possibly an audition. Not to mention at home working on other stuff.

But the audition was kind of bogus and I blew it off, and my studio time got pushed back to tomorrow, and I was able to do the United stuff from home. Of course, I knew none of that for sure at 4 am. So I got up and started working, and by 10 am I'd accomplished most of the day's work.

So then I did more, and got even more ahead. And when that was done I worked on the book. And now I'm not even that tired, after 15 or so hours of work.

Tomorrow will be bad. I'll get minimal sleep tonight and be doubly exhausted tomorrow, when all those other chickens are trying to roost.

No comments: