Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Bad attitude

FYI to producers:
  • You can try to book your non-union jobs on weekends, but if you're not paying extra on an already low-paying job, I'm marking weekend days as a conflict.
  • Don't even bother asking about an overnight shoot if you're not paying a LOT of money. Seriously. I don't even stay up all night for fun anymore, let alone for work.
  • You can book me first thing in the morning after a holiday weekend, but don't think I'm going to take any special steps to be well rested and prepared. I'll be on time, but I can't make any promises about the condition I'll be in.
  • For a "one-look" shoot, I'll show up with three pairs of pants and three shirts. I know my agent says to "bring your closet." They can carry it if they feel that strongly about it. Or you can provide wardrobe.
  • As far as I'm concerned, "on-time" is on time. Not 15 minutes early. I'm already padding my travel time to ensure I get there on time or earlier. I'm not going to pad it an extra 15 minutes so I can be sure to get there earlier than on-time or earlier.
  • Shooting in the suburbs? Fine, that's your choice. But don't ask me to schlep to Schaumburg for $250 (minus agency fee, minus transportation costs, minus taxes, minus lost work time).
If this makes me difficult, so be it. I'll live with the consequences.

No comments: