Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Self extension

So the vacation is going to push back my book schedule a bit. Even if I use some airplane time -- and there's going to be a lot of it -- it would be tough to edit and revise 22 chapters in 17 days, plus draft the remaining few unwritten ones.

More than a few. A couple of more chapter ideas came up this weekend, which I spent part of doing more research on other business writing books.

So like I suggested the other day, it's going to be more like mid-August. Which I can live with. I shouldn't rush this part just because I want it done quickly. In fact, I should simply want it done urgently, not quickly. Keeping the motivation up is the key. And having time both to really edit it AND to maybe leave parts of it aside for a bit -- to step back and get a little perspective -- obviously, that can be nothing but helpful.

Yup.

No comments: