Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Nonsense

No auditions for two weeks, then sure enough on the day I have a full-day client meeting, two come up.

The first was an easy call, since the intern who called had absolutely no information for me on what the opportunity was. A "webisode pilot" is all she could give me. And a full-day rate that's half a normal hourly rate. I tried to see if she could tell me anything, anything at all about the project.

Is the director some up-and-coming star? Am I unknowingly rejecting an opportunity to be seen by the next Josh Whedon? Or maybe the current Josh Whedon? Nothing. At that point I probably should have had her connect me with someone there who knew what was going on, but you know what? I shouldn't have to do that. And I was really busy.

Again, I really miss my old agent. Maybe it's time to get a new one. Which I would actually do, but right now everything is so up in the air.

Then I got a second call from the same person asking about another audition ... at the exact same time slot I couldn't do for the other audition. I asked if anything else was available and she didn't know. So I rejected that one, too, which is too bad since it's a national SAG audition. (It didn't help that she laughed nervously throughout both calls as she told me she knew nothing.)

They still sent me the info as if I was auditioning tomorrow, so maybe something will get straightened out in the morning, but I'm so annoyed by the whole thing I'm perfectly willing to cut off my nose to spite my face. My attention is just elsewhere right now. Like getting up at 5 am tomorrow for the second day in a row ...

No comments: