Monday, June 14, 2010

The weekend that was


Long, kinda crazy weekend. In spite of the off-and-on weather, with 30-degree temperature swings and occasional rainstorms, I made it out to three streetfests -- Ribfest, St. Mike's and Well Street. There was at least one more I wanted to hit -- Andersonville MidSommarfest -- but that was just a fest too far.

Then capping it all off was the Cubs-White Sox game at Wrigley last night, with special guests the Chicago Blackhawks and Lord Stanley's Cup. That was very exciting and fun to see the players and the trophy in real life after following the playoffs pretty closely. (And very pleased that they made it out to right field and the camera range of my little digital.) Especially since I missed the parade/rally for Friday's trip out to the candy factory.

Today I needed an extra day to recuperate, but I refused to slack. Did my workouts, client work, edited a chapter of the book for my client and did a rough draft of a new chapter for my book. Just stopped working a bit ago, in fact.

Oh, and squeezed into all that was a rare Saturday morning commercial audition. Very odd, but it was a callback, so worth it.

Tonight I sleep the sleep of kings. Except I have to get up at 5:30 or 6:00 for a breakfast meeting. Oof.

No comments: