Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Cake, both had and eaten


I managed to make the SAG audition after all. Turns out it was the kind of meeting where I could slip out.

Nevertheless, even with the midday break/excursion, I'm not really big on 9-hour meetings. Luckily, I had my laptop, so I was able to work and interact with the world and stuff.

I must say, if you're going to do an all-day meeting, the venue above is a nice place to do it. It's the Wrigley Innovation Center, up on the tippy-top of Goose Island. Who knew such a pretty place could exist in the midst of all those warehouses and film studios?

We were in that round tower, with beautiful views of the river and the city and with giant, fancy automatic screens that went up and down at the push of a button. It felt like an upbeat version of Dr. Evil's lair. All we needed were sharks with lasers.

This is a new project I've been working on for Mars, which, unbeknownst to me, acquired Wrigley sometime last year. Good project, interesting people. Friday I travel to their chocolate factory out in the country. And I didn't even need a golden ticket!

No comments: