Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh for two

I'm getting just a couple of auditions a week these days and I think I just talked my way out of two for Wednesday.

One was a really, really low rate. Like half to a quarter of what it really should have been. So I can't see doing that one.

The other requires "inconsolable sobbing." I can barely cry for good reason in real life, let alone cry on command for the camera or on stage. That's just the way it is. I get happy, I get sad, I get angry, but I don't toss back my head with laughter and pound the table and I don't break down in tears.

Anger's a little more accessible, I have to say. If they need me to turn red, curse a blue streak and break something, then I'm their man. Especially if it's a spot involving traffic, long lines, the cable or phone company, telemarketers, or just about any telephone customer service situation.

No comments: