Saturday, May 01, 2010

29

That's how many days I worked out in the month of April. Every day but Easter. Insane.

Actually if I went back to when I started yoga we'd be around 42 out of 44 days, I think.

Not sure where I go from here. Working out 7 days a week doesn't feel like a particular burden. I think because it's so different every day. If anything I'm getting a little bored with spin. I'm thinking I'm going to try to do intense outdoor biking instead when the weather starts cooperating.

As for the yoga, I don't feel super-zen yet or anything. I haven't come close to clearing my mind and thinking about nothing but breathing and moving. And I kinda laugh when this one instructor reads us poetry in the end while we're lying on the mats. But the sessions seem to vary a good bit from one to the other and I really feel like I'm using muscles in a way they seldom get used -- she had us doing a headstand the other day. And today I broke a serious sweat.

Mostly, of course, I'm interested in cosmetic benefits. I know that will take some time to show itself, so it should keep me going another couple of months.

No comments: