Tuesday, April 13, 2010

(Still more) stuff I didn't get

Following up on the backflip gig I lost out on, here is some more I didn't get. And I'm spotting a trend here. Bald is apparently beautiful. Or maybe just funny.

This is one I really wanted. Stanley Steemer apparently dumped its ad agency, went back to its old one, and hired a Hollywood pro to direct a new series of spots. This looks like it would be an ongoing character with lots of exposure and opportunity. And some pretty funny scripts.




This guy does a good job. I can't recall exactly, but I think I brought up the "alpaca" thing in the audition. And monkeys. They do some monkey humor in the other spots. (Though I suppose that's a pretty obvious go-to.)




Then there's the new Sienna ads. This is a fun campaign. Again, another balding, quirky guy. And deadpan. Very deadpan. He's good. Damn him!

It's interesting to see what casting people are going for these days. It seems I'm either too conventional looking for quirky spots like these or not quite good looking enough for the more traditional stuff.

Then, of course, there was this one:




I was going for an Alec Baldwin/30 Rock kinda thing and they obviously went in a very different direction.

But once again, BALD! Thinking I should shave my head ...

No comments: