Friday, April 30, 2010

Grip, spin, fling

I realize that commercial acting isn't a skill quite on a par with, say, neurosurgery, but it does sometimes rise above walking and chewing gum, as motor coordination goes. More and more in these industrials I do, I'm in front of a green or white or blue screen and interacting with imaginary words and images and other stuff to be added in later.

So without breaking momentum or tripping on my lines, I have to grab letters ...


... spin logos like roulette wheels ...


... and fling words and bullet points around like frisbees.


And do it all in a way that's natural and consistent and enables the graphics people to do their work. They actually have the much harder job, I think.

Now if I could just stop making my "what's that smell" face.

No comments: