Thursday, March 25, 2010

New(ish) me


It's been almost a week now, taking the new glasses for a spin. They're okay, I guess. I like the color -- goes with my hair. Still not sure they have the same, I don't know, dramatic "oomph" of the others.

On the other hand, no one so far has really noticed anything different either. Casting directors, agents, friends -- nothing. Obviously it's something I'm paying a lot more attention to, which should not be surprising.

It's also a bit of an adjustment because they are, sad to say, progressive lenses. I've been noticing the past couple of years that when the lights are dim it's reaaaaalllly hard to see up close. So that's a relief, if a blow to the ego.

But I'm not sure they got them right. There's something weird going on with the left eye, especially at mid-range. Something's off. I don't think my left eye is supposed to be stinging and tearing. Gotta fix that.

No comments: