Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Write, write, write

I've been working on this crazy-ass project for a client. They're in the running for one of those "best places to work" designations, and this round includes a huge questionnaire. I'm doing the qualitative part -- like the essay section of the SATs.

The instructions say the whole application takes 150 hours to complete, and now I believe it. It won't take me that long because there's that other part, plus attachments, plus all the time the client spends reviewing and editing and re-editing.

But it's taking a lot of time. I've done 20 interviews and written nearly 12,000 words since last Monday. I'm now in the home stretch. Time to actually look at what I've written and see if it makes any sense.

But I'm looking forward to getting back to all the other things I need to do -- other work, marketing, laundry, etc. I guess that's one upside to going a couple of weeks without auditions.

No comments: