Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Duh

I was released today for that job. I didn't even know I was still under consideration. In fact, I assumed, based on the schedule, that they were already out in LA shooting the thing.

But I don't think that means I was any closer to getting it than I thought. Probably they just had some delays. I'd love to know how many people were on hold. I assume a LOT. My agent wouldn't necessarily know, because she only had two actors in the running. The casting agency might know -- at least about the Chicago people -- but either she didn't get that information or she didn't pass it along to me.

I miss my old agent. She treated me like an exclusive, really going over stuff with me, talking up good opportunities and giving it to me straight when potential jobs kinda sucked.

Then she went and had a damned baby ...

This is what happens when you don't have enough lines in the water. No bookings and three auditions -- my worst month for commercial work since July 2006.

No comments: