Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back to square one

Now after three bookings I find myself back to zero -- nothing in the pipeline, all potential castings from recent auditions expired.

But looking back, a good month. Six first auditions. Of the 6, 2 resulted in bookings and 1 resulted in a callback audition and a hold. The third booking of the month was direct from my headshot, so no audition there.

That's how these numbers get confusing. Direct bookings and callback auditions. So I'm going to try to keep a little better track of that. In past years, my ratio of bookings to auditions has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 1:11 to 1:15.

So right now we're looking at 1:3, which I can totally live with.

Oh, and I could have had a fourth booking if I was willing to drive 4.5 hours to Lansing, Michigan tonight for a pretty low-paying job tomorrow. (And then back another 4.5 hours.) Some independent thing outside the normal casting agency/talent agent process. I'm realllly trying to avoid those. Luckily, they all pay terribly, so that makes it easier to resist.

No comments: