Thursday, December 31, 2009

The year in numbers (and figures)


Another good year for commercial auditions and bookings.

In 2009 I went on 101 auditions for commercial, print, industrial and voiceover work. That's down just 2 from last year, which was my best year ever for auditions.

I had 13 bookings (5 commercial, 1 print, 6 industrial and 1 voiceover industrial), which is two fewer than last year. So, pretty even overall, numbers-wise.

But the real story is the figures, not the numbers. Because in perilous times such as these, it's all about the Benjamins, and my acting income was more than double last year's. Almost two-and-a-half times, in fact. And last year happened to be a record-setting income year for me.

Of course, a good-sized chunk of that came from just two jobs -- the SAG bank spot I shot the year before last and that preposterously lucrative print gig. The SAG checks have dwindled significantly and the print gig ... well, that was a once-in-five-years thing, at best.

So I can't expect things the good times to continue to roll like that in 2010, but I am grateful for a very good year, especially considering the economic calamity that's still raining down upon our heads.

Now my work-work income? Well, that's a little different story. Let's just say acting kinda saved my proverbial bacon this year.

No comments: