Monday, October 12, 2009

Exhibitionist



I went to see the Lincoln exhibit yesterday and it was VERY weird hearing my voice on that film. I know I can't be objective, but all I hear is ... ME. Doing a very bad job. Nothing approximating the Great Emancipator. But hey, they chose me and they know what they're doing.

That's a pretty short snippet. A guard came by and told me photography and video were verboten so I shut it down. But then, he didn't say anything about audio recording, so I put the iPhone down and just took in the sound. This clip's a little closer to how I sound most of the time on it:



I'm going to see about getting an actual, non-bootleg copy. It was pretty good. Very Ken Burns-ish, with old photos, paintings, and documents panning, along with background music and the ambient sounds of war, protest, etc. They even credited me in the end titles, which was very nice and which I didn't expect.

All in all, I think it's a pretty cool gig. In the scheme of things, I know it's not a really huge deal (especially compared to a FB friend who this morning announced the debut of her latest Indie film, complete with glowing reviews of her performance from the NYT and Variety).

But being part of a museum exhibit is kinda unique and I got a real kick out of it. I wanted to tell people "That's me! That's me playing Lincoln!" For some reason, it just feels more exciting than any old TV spot.

No comments: