Saturday, October 03, 2009

Enchantment indeed


Got a good 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night, which felt great. On the other hand, I seem to have picked up a cold. Seriously? I know this string of relatively minor annoyances don't add up to catastrophe by any stretch, but it's odd for me to have a streak of bad luck like this.

Anyway, one last post about New Mexico. I was amazed by the diversity of the landscape. And in such concentrated form! You'd go around a bend, over a hill or through a pass and be smacked in the face with almost a completely different ecosystem. It really was extraordinary. Or enchanting, as they say. A surprise around every corner.

I'm gonna stop typing because I've discovered in the past 48 hours just how much I rely on my middle finger. For typing, too. So here are pictures demonstrating the diversity over a mere 1,163 miles.













No comments: