Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting out the door

Man, it's tough getting out the door. I managed to get all trip-related stuff done (print itinerary, do laundry, refill Rxs, banking, pack, back up computer) and get the place cleaned up to be nice to come back to, and get final work off my desk, but then there are always wild cards, and they always come at the last minute.

Two new business calls in the past 24 hours, a commercial audition and booking, attempts by two different agents to get me to another audition today, and scheduling just a few minutes ago of another audition the very morning after I get back because, I guess, the client really, really wants to see me.

Based on the company name and location, I think I've actually done two jobs with these guys in the past, so maybe that's why they want me so bad. Connections. It's so funny. I walk into this Lincoln gig today and the producer is a guy I've worked with on at least two other projects. So that might explain that.

And finally, speaking of Lincoln, what a nice, fun thing it was. To be performing those great words, from the Emancipation Proclamation as well as private letters to various people. And the fact that in a few weeks I'll be able to walk into one of our Chicago museums and watch a film with my voice as Lincoln. That may just be one I need to invite the mother out for.

No comments: