Monday, September 21, 2009

Boo-yah!



This is the one I've been eagerly anticipating. It's about the funniest thing I've done, and I'm really pleased at how well it turned out after what was a pretty fun morning of shooting.

They even used some of my material! The original script was something like, "Make it out to all-day Darrin. What? I can shoot?" But we had the time and I just kept making stuff up, including the Titanic bit, which I completely forgot about.

They also had me handing him all kinds of other stuff -- toasters, oars and other weird stuff. Thought they might use that as a tag or something at the end, but I guess there was just too much gold to choose from!

It's really nice to have a commercial spot that I can be, you know, really proud of. I mean, I can be both seen AND heard (my best 'til now have been one or the other), and it's not cheesy (no turkey carving or pretend families). Feels good.

PS: I hate that this blogger template cuts off wide-screen videos and don't feel like making a second version of it for YouTube, so people can just follow this link to see the "whole" thing. (All of me is in there, at least.)

No comments: