Sunday, April 06, 2008

Oh, we're halfway there ...

Three weekends down, three to go.

It was a good weekend. In spite of the Trib and Reader slams, we got good crowds on Friday and Saturday (Sunday, not so much), and turned out three good shows. And it was fun. Plus we got a nice little review from our last, sixth reviewer -- an Internet reviewer, but that's fine.

So 4 out of 6 positive reviews. That counts for something. As Hillary says, it's the popular vote that counts, right? On the other hand, she also says the "big states" count for more than the little ones ...

Tonight I guess I was kind of an asshole. We do this little "love" circle before each show, which is cool, where we hold hands and sort of get our heads together, do updates and try to connect and focus and get positive and stuff. Anyway, someone asked for a moment of silence for ol' Chuck Heston and me, assuming it was in jest, basically said it's too bad he destroyed his reputation in the last 10 years of his life with his reprehensible politics. So yeah, I guess I ruined the moment.

I suppose I should feel some affinity there, with the Alzheimer's and my Dad and all, but still ...

Anyway, this is how I basically alienate people and inadvertently (or perhaps, vertently) create these ... gulfs around me. Ibiza, and all that, I suppose ...

1 comment:

Dianna said...

saying what you said was no more "asshole" than someone assuming everyone in the show feels the same way THEY do about Heston.

Sure, great actor, but asshole in real life.

The man appeared at an NRA function near Columbine, what, like the WEEK after it happened or something?

Don't feel that bad. You probably voiced what a few people were probably already thinking...