Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back in business

You gotta love a place that sells you a "metal ring that looks like a wedding band" no questions asked. My $10 "stage" ring being among the loot hauled in by the geniuses who robbed my place. The way these things go, I'm guessing they got 47 cents for it.

Anyway, I'm back in business with a new 10-dollar band, and ready to play married again. And the insurance company called today and offered up a surprisingly handsome settlement of my claim. Who knew an 8-year-old laptop, 
with just a 6 GB hard drive and probably 64 MB of RAM would be worth so much, let alone the 4-year-old one?

So I'll be able to replace the bike and, if I choose, even get a replacement laptop. Or, as the insurance guy said, go to Vegas! But I will probably put the extra toward paying off the new computer. And just maybe buy myself a little treat. Like this ...

No comments: