Friday, February 08, 2008

Ow my butt!

My character in this play dances, a couple of times. One is described as "the Rerun dance" from What's Happening (Happenin'?) and the other is freestyle.

So we've been playing with various things -- the hustle, the pogo, the Lambada (the forbidden dance), the swim, chorus line, Jackson-5, Michael Jackson, etc. Last night I tried breakdancing. And according to everyone else, I seemed to do it pretty well.

Up until The Caterpillar. My back doesn't bend very well that way. And somehow I pulled my right glute very, very badly. I mean, it really, really hurts.

It's ridiculous. I work out 5 days a week, cardio and weights and am fairly active, but between this and the V the other day I really, really need to work on my flexibility apparently. Yoga. Once the resolutioners quit the gym I'm looking into some yoga. The Caterpillar should definitely not cripple me.

1 comment:

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

Yoga is excellent, as is Pilates. You can also work with videos at home if you don't want to deal with the January/February gym wannabees. I recommend videos by Rodney Yee for yoga and Jennifer Kries for pilates. (Jennifer also does a very good Intro to Yoga video that is very instructive). I'm glad workout videos were invented, since with my baby son going out to the gym is an impossibility for at least a couple years.