Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Homeward bound

I love rehearsal, and I love hanging out with and getting to know new friends. But after a long night of emoting, there's nothing I want more than to ride the bus or train home alone.

A lot of times it works out that people are generally going the same direction, so you end up sharing a ride home together and making small talk, which is not my forte. I really just like to sit and indulge my introvert side -- listen to music, zone out, work on a crossword puzzle. Just do the things that, when I'm at home, I feel guilty for not doing more.

In any case, there I was tonight, on the Belmont bus, 3 miles from home, digging through my bag, only to discover ... I'd left THREE half-finished crosswords at rehearsal! Merde!!

Then I turn on my iPod, which I've been using for the past 24 hours to play nothing but these two Amy Winehouse songs, and ... the battery dies. Double merde!!

Thank blog for the phone! Time to clean out texts and old photos. Good times.

No comments: