Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Farmer Ted (Redux)

I don't know about you, but when I see this face ...
... the first word that occurs to me is "farmer."

Since this is the second time this has happened in less than six months, I suppose  I should just break down and go out and get myself some kind of humble, middle-American plaid shirt. As it stands, my "farmer" ensemble consists of my plainest jeans, boots, and this gray long sleeve waffley kind of shirt.

At least last time the role called for some comic skills. This is just a photo shoot. So here I am about to tromp out into the 7-degree cold (not including wind chill) to some remote studio where I'll probably have to wait an hour or more to go in. And it's likely to be a cattle call because ALL THREE of my agents called me for this job, which has never happened. I am guessing every male actor in Chicago over 35 with gray hair will be there.

All I can say is, it had better go quickly. Because Farmer Ted's got a noon spin class to get to.

No comments: