Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Speaking of big mouth

I have this giant-ass monologue near the top of the show. It's just me talking for two-and-a-half minutes. More like ranting than talking.

So naturally I was most concerned about getting it memorized because, to hold peoples' attention with a monologue that long, you need to do it really well. Which means practicing it and working it and squeezing every drop of meaning out of it. None of which can really be done until you've got it internalized.

But I actually managed over the course of last week to get it down pretty well, which is a great position to be in, since we're still just working on blocking scenes. So I got to demonstrate it Monday night, a couple of times, and it seemed to go pretty well. Or maybe it sucked. Who knows? It felt good.

What always seems to happen is I get out ahead early on the lines then somehow lose it down the stretch. I'm going to try to avoid that if I can. Either way, it's nice to have something to do in the shower again -- you know, besides just bathing.

No comments: