Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ready

I am ready to jump back into the process of putting on a show. The rehearsals, the work, the process.

And having a little more of a purposeful life. Somewhere else to go a few nights a week. Chicago winters are so awful. It's so easy to get stuck in that work-gym-home-eat-sleep cycle. I'm getting a little too doughy around the middle.

I think I'm viewing this next show as a stimulating activity or outlet. Time will tell whether it also holds the same kick -- the rush, the art and the craft of it all.

And balance will be a challenge. With work, as well as the life I've been trying to have.

But I'm ready for Monday. Well, almost ready. There's the matter of reading the script. And the rest of the 30 pages of background. And seeing a couple of the five recommended films that I haven't seen.

Okay, in that sense, I'm not ready. But I will be.

I hope.

3 comments:

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

What show will you be working on now?

Jill

Danger Boy said...

It's a new play that Factory Theater is doing, based on a real-life scandal in the financial services industry. Looks like fun! It goes up in March.

Jill Elaine Hughes said...

Hmmm, that sounds quite like a play I once wrote. Got any more info?