Friday, January 25, 2008

Okay, I'm officially sick of my face

Seriously. Too many damned pictures of ME. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Three rehearsals in to the new show and things are starting to come together for me, at least conceptually. The subject matter is pretty technical, but we had a little tutorial on that last night. More importantly, the style is becoming clearer.

Prior to rehearsals, we were given a recommended list of films that would sort of inform the style and tone of things and it was, to say the least, a pretty eclectic group: Glengarry Glen Ross, Wall Street, Hudsucker Proxy (okay, I see where you're going with this), Brazil (huh?) and Blade Runner (cue needle scratch on vinyl).

But now I see it. It's a story of corporate scandal with noir elements, time-jumps and departures into the surreal. In a word: complex. So we've got a looooot of work to do to pull this off.

But the director and crew have a game plan and seem to know what they're doing and the cast seems cool, and we've got a TON of time to get ready -- two months 'til opening.

It feels a little weird to be back in this process. Trudging to rehearsals, practicing lines in the shower, upended sleep schedule. Like going back to school. Three rehearsals down. Thirty-five to go!

I hope this is fun.

No comments: