Saturday, December 22, 2007

Water under the bridge

Looks like I didn't get the job. So close. My agent called Thursday and said the client wanted to know if I did ear prompter or was really, really good at memorizing. Don't know if it came down to that in the end, but it was definitely a factor.

I should get one of those ear thingies. I know I can do it. I just need to get fitted for one so I can.

So that's kind of a bummer. It wasn't like it was the greatest paying job in the world (though it was better than average), but it would have been fun, and it would make a nice addition to my reel (which is just an idea at this point anyway ...)

But again, it's an honor just to be nominated, right?

At least the year ended on a good note client-wise. We met Thursday morning with our law firm client and we proposed new ad campaigns and an overhaul of their web site and marketing materials, and they absolutely loved it all. Just ecstatic. The stuff we're putting together is like nothing anyone else in the market is doing and it will really help them stand out. So yay.

No comments: