Saturday, November 17, 2007

Jesus rides beside me ...

... Never buys any smokes.

I love that tune from the Replacements. It's the closest I'll ever get to faith and religion.

Okay, I said it wouldn't matter if I didn't get cast in that show, but of course now that I've thought about it a few days (and haven't been called), just having done a good job at the auditions isn't quite enough. I was thinking, if they did call, this would be the first project in a long time where I would say yes right away, without the hemming, the hawing, the reading of the full script, the meticulous weighing of the pros and cons, etc.

It's too bad. See what happens when you start to get choosy? Every opportunity gets overly-magnified. Oh, well. Another audition today to focus on. At least they haven't called yet to tell me no. That may mean their first choice isn't on board yet. Or it could be they've just cast it and aren't notifying the rejects, which wouldn't be that unusual either.

Otherwise, a variety of small projects and initiatives are filling my time. I'm getting new headshots done, going in to meet the photographer on Tuesday. My agents are very happy with that, as I think I'm one of just a handful of people on their wall with B&W headshots. I'm doing a short reading for another theatre benefit. This is like my third one this year and I think I'm just about out of favors to dispense.

The coolest thing, though, is this 10-minute essay I've been writing and that I'm going to perform the week after Thanksgiving. It's for this cool show called The Callback, which is a lot of fun. Anyway, I'm trying to capture the past five years of my life on stage in 10 minutes. It's been therapeutic, if nothing else. The feedback from the producers has been very, very positive, but I've still got some work to do. And we'll see if I've got the guts to perform it publicly.

No comments: