Monday, October 22, 2007

Callback

I had a theatre audition Saturday and got a callback, which is eventful mainly because I've been auditioning so infrequently lately.

It was for this festival I've auditioned for a couple of times over the years but not been cast. One of the auditors was this great guy who directed a reading of one of my new plays last year. So it was nice to do a good job for him.

If that's what happened. My other thought is it's a sympathy callback. Hmmm ...

Anyway, he chatted with me after my monologues and very nicely asked how my writing was going. And when I explained what I have (five little plays about death) it almost didn't sound at all like they are in the exact same place they were six months ago -- requiring various levels of revision/rewriting/reconstruction.

Must get on that. Soon.

No comments: